Pages

Wednesday 5 February 2014

Excerpts from the diary of Chris Hughton - Part 2

Diary of Chris Hughton - Part 2


It's wednesday morning and i'm deep in preparation for saturdays match. Javier came up and told me he liked my tie in the car-park today so i'm considering putting him in the heart of midfield again. I never usually allow such methods to select my team however everyone is encouraging me to be more adventurous so I just thought why not!

To my big relief Bradley Johnson has had his three match ban rescinded. This is good because on a serious note I can now pack out the midfield with my most defensive minded players this weekend because i've got a goal-difference to protect. It will be interesting to see what sort of team Manchester City put out this weekend but i'm sure we will be able to play to their strengths and display what a fantastic team they are.

I decided to go for a quick walk over to the training ground to see how the lads were getting on. Luciano just pulled off a 45 yard wonder-strike so I feel he's in serious contention for bench again. I didn't stay out there too long because I wanted to be first in the lunch queue, its casserole day today.

Back to the videos in the afternoon and i'm astounded at how good Manchester City are, I must make a mental note to tell the press of their strengths and how I have done my homework and know what a good team they are. I must say i'm a little nervous about saturday but as long as the goal difference looks healthy saturday night there will be a lot of positives to take from the game...


No comments:

Post a Comment