Pages

Sunday 9 February 2014

Excerpts from the diary of Chris Hughton - Part 3

Diary of Chris Hughton - Part 3


So proud of my team yesterday, did everything I told them to in training, keep calm and give it to Redmond. Felt a little apprehensive before the game, my good friend Jonas pulled up with an injury, as did Robert Snodgrass. Told Anthony Pilkington if he scored I would pay for his haircuts for life, I always like to have a daring scenario in place before an important game.

From the corner of my eye I saw Wesley Hoolahan give me the finger when I decided to bring Ricky on instead of him, must remember not to sell him in the summer as well, he will be shown not to mess with me. 

Was disappointed we didn't get a goal at the end, in honesty we have been woeful in front of goal this season, I shouldn't have allowed my attacking coach to go off and pursue his life-long dream of reforming The Jam. 

Looking forward to tuesday I think I may tinker with my wingers and frontmen but not before i've drafted an email to David concerning my contract renewal. If any times a good time it'll be now, and with any luck i'll have a five year guarantee to my name by valentine's day.

As tuesday approaches, i'll wait on whether or not Andy Carroll will feature in the west ham side. They shouldn't prove to be much of an issue to beat, as long as Luciano stays fit. I feel he will have a big part to play, even if it's putting the keeper off with a daring warm-up routine.

But for now I am going to bask in the glory of a clean sheet against Man City, and aim for a replica result on Tuesday, with any luck I could have the result trademarked against my name, watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment